Friday, August 12, 2016

A Little Teaser!

Hey, loves! Christmas 2017 is a long time away, so here's a little something to hold you over until then. ;)

This is something I wrote during one of my darker moments. As you'll find while reading the book, there's a lot of dark and light to living. Hope you enjoy...

Much Love,
Justice


The Closet, by Justice K. Chambers

Chewed me up and swallowed me to the pit of darkness,
The unknown abyss.
It greeted me with an unwanted kiss.
Seemed to suck me from where once all was normal,
To chaos and feeling uncontrollable.
Take back your kiss!
Take back your rage!
Give back my life, so I’m not writing this page!

Is it the devil who has done this to me?
If so, the battle is on, you see.

My mind obsesses with explanations unknown;
Every day the search is on.
Could this be an attack of the devil?
A chemical imbalance? Trauma?
Answers still not shown.
Will I ever reach them?
I need them now!

Yesterday gone,
Tomorrow too far,
My brain already scarred.
How much will you take?
I am ready to break.

Made of glass, I have just shattered,
Emotions jumbled and scattered.
I am on my knees.
I have hit the floor,
Beating my head on the closet door.

Hiding in the darkness,
Tucked away behind clothes.
In the corner, so no one knows,
The thoughts that overtake,
The venom inside me boiling like the bite of a snake.

“I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!” to my mind I scream.
I hate this affliction,
Doomed forever, it seems.

Tick, tick, tick,
The time so slow,
Begging for the night to pop some pills so this will leave,
Just go.

If just for those few hours of sleep -
For it is my only peace,
I think I will just lie here on the floor.

Please, no one open the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment